Please remember these are very alpha builds and potentially contain many bugs.
You can report any bugs you find on the forums.
- Download and install the Visual C++ Redistributable for VS2015 from Microsoft. When given the option choose vc_redist.x64.exe. If you don’t do this or choose the wrong one, the patcher will not run.
- Download the standalone client: Windows Client
- Place it in a folder where you want to put the Pikia client and data
- Double click to execute it, and it should download all necessary files to play
- After patching completes you can run PikiaClient.exe
Mac OSX (64bit)
- Download the standalone client: OSX Client
- Extract the contents and place them in a folder where you want the Pikia client and data
- In Finder, double click the run_patcher.command script (do not double click “patcher” or it will dump the files into your home folder)
- If you want to run from the terminal, you can run the patcher directly
- After patching completes you can double click run_client.command in Finder, or run the client directly from the terminal
- Download the standalone client: Linux Client
- Extract the contents in a directory where you want to put the Pikia client and data
- Make sure you have these dependencies installed: liballegro5.2, libenet, libcurl
- Execute the patcher and it should download all necessary files to play
- When all dependencies are installed you should be able to play
The new tile graphics are from: http://www.danielthomasart.com/index.html
Most of the tile graphics are from OpenGameArt and licensed under one of these two licenses.
CC BY 3.0 and CC BY SA 3.0
Credit to Hyptosis, Zabin, Daneeklu, Jetrel, Redshrike, Bertram, Daniel Cook, Saphy.
Also some sprites from Liberated Pixel Cup.
These are the graphics used on OpenGameArt: