How to Play
Since Pikia is still in development the game is still very basic, and most of
the content is mainly for testing purposes. As Pikia development continues things
like keyboard controls will be completely configurable by each player, and there
will be a lot more monsters, items, and skills.
For now this page is just to give people who would like to help test Pikia a
quick rundown on how to play the game.
These controls will allow you to chat, fight monsters, and use skills.
- Arrow keys or WASD - Moves your character around the map
- Enter - Focus chat, send chat message, or use a targeted skill
- Space - Melee attack the space in front of you
- Comma - Pickup an item on the ground
- Keys 0 to 9 - Use the skill or item attached to the hotkey
To open up different windows you can use the toolbar on your screen or you can use
keyboard shortcuts listed in the tooltips of the toolbar buttons.
Attaching items and skills to hotkeys is done by clicking and dragging the icons
to the desired hotkey number on the bar. Removing hotkeys it done by simply dragging them
away from the hotkey bar and dropping them.
Monsters and what they drop
These are all the monsters and items that exist in the game.
All monsters and items are currently for testing and are not balanced.
- Mushroom - Drops potions and some skill scrolls for any class
- Soldier - Drops equipment items and skills for the Warrior class
- Spooky Boogie - Drops skill scrolls for Mage and Cleric classes
- Wrex - Drops class change scrolls and skills for the Rogue class
- Health potion - Gives you HP of course!
- Awesome Sword - Just a sword that boosts your melee damage
- Robe Hood - The hood section of the brown robes
- Robe Torso - The shirt section of the brown robes
- Robe Legs - The pants section of the brown robes
- Brown Shoes - Shoes to match the brown robes
For skill scroll items see the skill list below
Skills and Classes
Class changing will eventually be a quest, but for now you can get class change scrolls
by killing lizards (Wrex) in the north part of the first map.
- Warrior - High physical strength and HP but not the fastest attacker
- Rogue - Deals damage quickly while avoiding attacking monsters
- Mage - Ranged damage dealer but very little melee ability
- Cleric - Focuses on supporting and healing group members instead of dealing damage
All skills are learned by using skill scrolls that are dropped by monsters.
- Flamethrower - Shoots flames 3 spaces in front of you, no class requirement
- Blueflame - Casts a large blue flame on one enemy, no class requirement
- Poison - Deals damage over time to one enemy, no class requirement
- STR buff - Gives a player more strength, Warriors only
- SoS - Deals damage based on the STR stat, Warriors only
- Heavy Strike - Deals damage based on the STR stat, Warriors only
- DEX buff - Gives a player more dexterity, Rogues only
- Backstab - Deals double damage when striking from behind, Rogues only
- Triple strike - Deals damage to 2 or 3 spaces in front of the player, Rogues only
- INT buff - Gives a player more intelligence, Clerics only
- Healing - Heals the HP of a player, Clerics only
- Heal over time - Heals the HP of a player over several seconds, Clerics only
- WIS buff - Gives a player more wisdom, Mages only
- Fireball - Deals danage based on the WIS stat, Mages only
- Explosion - Deals damage based on the WIS stat, Mages only